If you`re a cat owner, it`s likely that at some point you`ll need to find a cat sitter to look after your feline friend while you`re away. Whether it`s for a weekend trip or an extended holiday, having a reliable, trusted pet sitter can give you peace of mind while you`re away.
But how do you ensure that you and your cat sitter are on the same page? The answer: a cat sitting contract.
What is a cat sitting contract?
A cat sitting contract is a written agreement between you, the cat owner, and your cat sitter. It outlines the terms and conditions of the cat sitting arrangement, including the dates of service, payment arrangements, and specific instructions for caring for your cat.
Why do you need a cat sitting contract?
A cat sitting contract protects both you and your cat sitter. It helps to avoid any misunderstandings or disagreements that may arise during the cat sitting period. By putting everything in writing, there`s less room for confusion and miscommunication.
Here are some key elements that should be included in your cat sitting contract:
1. Dates of service: Clearly state the start and end dates of the cat sitting period. This ensures that both you and your cat sitter are on the same page regarding the length of the cat sitting arrangement.
2. Payment: You should specify the payment amount and method of payment. Will you be paying your cat sitter a flat fee, or on a per-visit basis? Will you be paying in cash, check, or electronically? Make sure you agree on all payment details in advance.
3. Care instructions: Outline specific care instructions for your cat. This should include feeding instructions, litter box maintenance, and any medications that need to be given.
4. Emergency contact information: Provide your cat sitter with your contact information and the contact information of a trusted friend or family member who can be reached in case of an emergency.
5. Liability: It`s important to clarify who is responsible in the event of any damages or accidents that may occur during the cat sitting period. Make sure you both agree on liability terms before the cat sitter begins caring for your cat.
By having a cat sitting contract in place, you can rest assured that your cat will be well taken care of while you`re away. It also gives you a sense of security knowing that everything is clearly outlined in writing. So next time you need a cat sitter, don`t forget to draft a cat sitting contract!